Man Has Emergency Operation After Inserting 20cm Glass Rod In His Anus

0
163
Man Has Emergency Operation After Inserting 20cm Glass Rod In His Anus

A man in China spent New Year’s Day in hospital after inserting a 20cm glass rod up his anus.

The rod, which had a diameter of around two inches, became stuck in the man’s rectum, before sliding up and lodging in his large intestine.

When he arrived at Zhejiang Tongde Hospital, doctors said he was in pain but wouldn’t go into details, imploring staff to ‘save’ him.

“When he first arrived at the hospital, he was in a hurry and looked agonised,” colorectal surgeon, Bao Xiangdong, told the Hangzhou Comprehensive Channel.

In order to reveal the cause of the man’s pain, the attending physician performed a rectal examine and found that his fingertip could feel a long, hard foreign body beyond the anus.

A CT scan made the source of the man's pain pretty clear. Credit: Zhejiang Tongde Hospital/Hangzhou Comprehensive Channel
A CT scan made the source of the man’s pain pretty clear. Credit: Zhejiang Tongde Hospital/Hangzhou Comprehensive Channel

A CT scan showed the lengthy object had become stuck in the sigmoid colon, which is located in the large intestine. An emergency operation was hastily arranged and the object was removed after around 30 minutes.

Dr Xiangdong said the man was lucky as he had no rectal tears, abdominal distention, fever or blood in his stool.

The man has now been discharged and can be seen leaving the hospital below.

It seems the guy wasn’t the only one to set himself the New Year’s Resolution of shoving something massive up his arse.

In the Dominican Republic, a 40-year-old man underwent two hours of emergency surgery after his wife squeezed a spray can of Glade air freshener up his bum hole. His wife reportedly claimed she had put the air freshener up her husband’s bottom while they were having sex – at his request.

Medical experts have warned that the re-purposing of household items as sex toys is a potentially dangerous idea. Objects, such as air freshener canisters, can cause haemorrhaging, intestinal damage or other injuries when used to penetrate in the boudoir.

All manner of odd things have been retrieved from people’s anuses down the years: such as aubergines, wooden spoons and syringes.

Obviously, there is a limit to how sorry we can feel for someone who chooses to put such things up their bot bot, but many poor bastards have been hospitalised following arse-based accidents.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), which releases an annual database of emergency room visits, last year people of the United States had all kinds of bum blunders.

One person ‘jumped on bed – toothbrush was on bed and went up patient’s rectum’, while another unfortunate patient ‘sat down on the sofa and accidentally sat on a ball point pen, pen lodges in rectum’.

Someone else ‘pushed drugs up rectum using a lighter’ and they were ‘able to retrieve the drugs bag yet believe lighter got stuck’.

So be careful folks, and remember – some roads are one way.

Featured Image Credit: Hangzhou Comprehensive Channel/Zhejiang Tongde Hospital

Read More

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here